WE ARE EXTRAORDINARY & YOU
This page contains everything you need to understand how the We Are Extraordinary website collects and uses your data, in line with GDPR 2018 regulations. This is about your right to privacy and the minimum standard of care you should expect from any organisation you entrust your details to.
You should know that this Privacy Notice is written to cover each interaction you could have on this website.
For example, if you:
- Sign up to our weekly best practice email or to receive a specific product or service, the information provided will be used to fulfil your request.
You have choices and rights which may be different depending on how you want to interact with We Are Extraordinary These are explained below.
The Information Collected and Where It's From
When you use the We Are Extraordinary website, the following information is collected via cookies and stored for a maximum of 26 months through the use of Google Analytics:
- your browser
- the device you’re using
- your IP address
- your location
- the website you were on before this one
- which pages you look at
- in what order you look at pages
- what website you go to after this one
If you sign up to receive information or any product or service provided by the We Are Extraordinary website, we will store your contact details on our email provider which is Kajabi. The specific details we hold will always include your first name and email address so we can contact you. Other information stored will be dependent on what information, product or service you have requested. We may apply ‘tags’ to your record to help us understand which information, products or services you have requested, or other information that helps us to better understand how to help you.
You can see more about this in the ‘Your Choices and Rights’ below.
Other plugins and tools are used by We Are Extraordinary and you can see more in the ‘Plugins’ toggle below.
How Your Information Is Stored and Used
We Are Extraordinary stores your information electronically only, and mainly through the use of external companies and software. The full list of companies used is available in the Plugins and Processors toggle. We take the security of your information very seriously – please see the Security of Your Information toggle for further details.
We Are Extraordinary uses your information to:
- fulfil any request you have made for specific information, a specific product or a specific service
- send you marketing information about products and services We Are Extraordinary offers, but only where your consent for this information has been explicitly obtained (see ‘Your Choices and Rights’ toggle below for more)
- analyse and improve how well the We Are Extraordinary website delivers a great experience for you
- detect and prevent unlawful behaviour and to protect or enforce the legal rights of We Are Extraordinary and the company that owns We Are Extraordinary
We Are Extraordinary does not share your information with (or sell your information to) any third party, excepting where legally bound.
Your Choices and Rights
- you can unsubscribe from the weekly emails at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of every weekly email sent to you
- you can stop receiving marketing emails from We Are Extraordinary by clicking on the ‘opt out of marketing’ link at the bottom of any marketing email sent to you
- you can contact We Are Extraordinary with any questions you have about your choices and rights at any time
- you have the right to object to the processing of your data by We Are Extraordinary
- you have the right to request a copy of information held by We Are Extraordinary about you; in most cases, We Are Extraordinary must supply this for free and within 30 days of your request
- you have the right to correct, amend or update information supplied to We Are Extraordinary by you
- to exercise these rights, please contact We Are Extraordinary by any method provided in the ‘Who Owns We Are Extraordinary and Contact information’ toggle below
Cookies are typically little bits of text downloaded to your computer when you interact with a website. Your computer uses this information to remember what you looked at and anywhere where you have set preferences for what you do and don’t want to see.
The word ‘cookies’ is used to cover all technologies that behave in a similar way, such as ‘pixels’ or pixel tags’.
There are different types of cookies and you have choices in managing them:
- Required cookies: ensure that you receive a service requested (without them you may not get what you are expecting).
- Advertising cookies: to track what you have shown an interest in (this works to both show you more and less of the same type of thing, depending on what you have done e.g. the ideal is to make sure you do not see repeat advertising for something you have already purchased).
- Analysis cookies: these are used to track and monitor how you are interacting with the website, to ensure that popular information and pages are the easiest to find and that unused, unseen or otherwise less popular information is updated or changed (where legally possible, i.e. this page stays no matter what!).
In addition to this tool, most browsers give you a tool to manage cookie preferences: to see how many and which ones are being used, to notify you when a new one is added and to disable some or all cookies altogether. Please note that changing your browser settings might mean the We Are Extraordinary website doesn’t work as you expect.
Plugins And Processors
We Are Extraordinary uses processors to link various functionality together.
As this website and business expands, this list will expand to reflect the plugins and processors being used. The following companies are involved in the provision of the We Are Extraordinary website and social media presence:
- Kajabi (website hosting provider)
- Google Analytics (advanced visitor tracking and analysis)
- PayPal (payment processing – done through PayPal, not this website)
- Stripe (payment processing – done through Stripe, not this website)
Security of Your Information
There are security measures in place to protect your information.
Access to the administration area of this website, the associated email list and any other place where your personal data could be accessed by We Are Extraordinary or its parent company is only through a computer that has Windows 10 Professional encryption enabled. Your information is not downloaded, or kept in hard copy form.
All other information transfer is conducted with companies either operating within the EU (and with GDPR compliant policies in place) or operating outside of the EU, but using:
- standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission OR
- EU-US Privacy Shield agreement
The We Are Extraordinary website is also SSL enabled i.e. it has encryption enabled (shown by the use of ‘https’ in the web address and the green padlock and word ‘Secure’ in the URL or website address bar).
Who Owns We Are Extraordinary and Contact Information
We Are Extraordinary is a registered private limited company in Scotland (SC716693) owned and operated by Jane Rennie and Lisa Cunningham-Rogers.
We Are Extraordinary is registered with HMRC for VAT and is registered as a controller and processor of data with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – registration number:
The registered company address for We Are Extraordinary is: Whitehall House, 33 Yeaman Shore, Dundee, DD1 4BJ
Contact telephone number: 07940 076872
Contact email: [email protected]
If you are unsatisfied with how we have handled any request or complaint you have made about our use of your personal data, you can also get in touch with the Information Commissioners’ Office here.
First update: 1 February, 2019
Last update: 1 January, 2024